Welcome to Bollington’s 9th Walking Festival! Again, we have a great programme of walks and social events. This year we have planned around 40 walks to cover all abilities and age ranges.
Your feedback is much appreciated so please fill in the survey form.
For 2018 we are pleased to announce that we have extended the variety of walks available, maintain our partnerships with local walking groups and increased the number of local businesses involved. Walkers Are Welcome continues to extend a hand of friendship to all who visit Bollington.
All the walks can be found here (or click Walks above for the calendar) plus the team are in the middle of distributing the leaflets around the area and beyond. You can grab and print your own leaflet by clicking on the leaflet picture. Forthcoming walks can be found here.
The following walks require advance booking:
- Slow Food Stroll (4 miles Moderate) [SOLD OUT!]
- A Walk on the Wild Side from Whaley (7 miles Energetic)
- Hayfield and Home via Chinley Churn (13 miles Strenuous)
- Ramble to Tea and Cake at Hollin Hall (5.5 miles Moderate) [SOLD OUT!]
- Bowstones and Canal Boat (7 miles Energetic) [SOLD OUT!]
- Sensory Walk (2 miles Easy)
- Art in the Landscape (3 hours Easy)
- Horwich End and Bus to Rainow (9 miles Energetic)
- Introduction to Nordic Walking (1 hour 30 mins Moderate) [SOLD OUT!]
- Working Up Another Thirst (10 miles Strenuous)
- The ‘Random Apple’ Walk (5 miles Moderate) [SOLD OUT!]
- Bollington Pubs Lost and Found (2 miles Easy) [SOLD OUT!]
Without their help and support!
The Bollington Walking Festival was initiated by the Destination Bollington Forum and is organised by the Bridgend Centre and volunteers.
We would like to thank all of those who have contributed to the programme, and Bollington Town Council for their grant which makes all this financially possible.
A big thank you also to the Walking Festival volunteers for all their support before, during and after the festival.